Sunday, October 9, 2011

You‘re like the maid of dishonor.

I nearly peed myself laughing watching the Bridesmaids.
It is hysterical.
Kristen Wiig is one hell of an actress and does not give two hoots about making a fool of herself. I like her.

The chocolate-on-teeth scene:


The getting-pulled-over-by-a-cop scene:
"So you're just a terrible sober driver?"

The drunk-on-the-plane scene:

How can you not love this woman?
How. Tell me how.

I find myself laughing and crying over this movie, due to a rough patch I have been in recently. Crazy though she may be, it is oddly easy for me to relate to the main character Annie. 
I have watched it no less than 4 times in 2 weeks.
The Bridesmaids is my therapy. The movie and a huge pack of Hershey's Kisses.

This movie has also inspired me to pick up baking again. :)
Right after watching it for the first time, I marched to the nearest supermarket and spent a small fortune in all sorts of baking utensils and supplies haha.
But it was worth every penny.
I've read somewhere that baking and painting are two of the best hobbies to indulge yourself in after an emotionally turbulent period, because they soak up all your concentration.
Exactly what I need. :)

And this, my favorite line in the movie.

"Because you're your problem, and you're also your solution."

Meet Megan. My favorite bridesmaid among all the rest. 
Excepttttt for the sextape part with Air Marshal John towards the end. That was a bit over the top lol and rather disturbing.

The above are only a few sneak peeks.
There are many, many more equally funny scenes in the movie guaranteed to crack you up.

WATCH IT OR DIE. O___________________O

4 comments:

  1. When I saw the trailer for this I didn't expect much to be honest, but I won tickets to a special show(which included an actual wedding up front in the cinema) so I went. First scene I was ready to leave, but I stuck around and I'm so so glad I did. This movie is absolutely amazing! And I can't wait to see it again:)

    I loved Megan too, and was so impressed with her acting! And I love that the air marshall was actually her husband in real life.

    Kristen Wiig is definitely a genius. I love how you can see and feel what she's thinking just by looking at her face. And she's hilarious of course:)

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog. I really love yours and the way you so openly and cleverly write about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it yet! Booooo no spoilers pleez.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. Yours is really cool and I love the way you write, you have such a good sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta see it, I missed it even tho I go to the movies so often, once or twice a week ! Thanks for the advice. I like your style of writing :-)
    Kisses from Italy

    Fashion and Cookies
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete