Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hello, October.

September's over and I am a year older.

One of the hardest thing to do is leaving your comfort zone. But you have to let go of the life you're familiar with and take the risk to live the life you are dreaming about.
You can waste your life building boundaries, or you can live your life crossing them.

I want to stop being down, I want to be positive again. I am making it a point to focus on happy thoughts.

So...here goes!



Things that makes me smile:

Painting my toenails candy red and wiggling them against my green curtains to create a red and green Christmas palette!
Since its only October and I can't possibly wait till December to be happy again, I decided to bring Christmas to me hehe.
Excuse me while I steal wisps of the jolly Christmas spirit in advance. :)


Spotting Doraemon's mosquito repellent when strolling in a drugstore! :)
Need I say more? :D

Finding the adorable toy soldiers I used to have in my home when I was a kid!
And rearranging them in positions...and prepare them for battle!
GO SOLDIERS~!

Finding out HAPPY FAMILY CARDS still exist!

Looking at my adorable little vintage satchel bag sitting comfortably on my lap. :)




And finally this......................


This picture cracks me up every time HAHA!




THIS IS A STORY OF GIRL MEETS SALMON.
BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW UPFRONT, THIS IS A LOVE STORY.
THE GIRL'S ORGASMIC EXPRESSION SAYS IT ALL.
EPIC.

8 comments:

  1. OMGG I love happy family cardsss! and that adorable vintage satchel bag! where do you get it from? and not to mention the RED NAILS. I MISS YOU. I called you but Idk why I can't get thru :( Is it me or it's the line?

    & you need to fill me in. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your bag! Eep~
    and I'm guessing the "drugstore" was Guardian? haha... =)
    and those toy soldiers sure brings back childhood memories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Danica C.: I think its the line love. Cos I didn't get any calls from you?
    :) I'm so happy we got to meet up and update. Lets do it again soon ok? :)

    @Sheryl: You do? :) Its a huge steal. haha! you are right. :) I'm glad I brought back some old memories. :)

    @THE DIVINITUS: Your photos are amazing. Thanks for dropping by and leaving some love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. all of the things you listed are all so nostalgic.. i hope these things make you happy

    :)

    and thanks for stopping by and leaving lovely comments!

    -jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, we do have pretty similar tastes e.g. movies. I see you like 500 days of summer too. Isn't Zooey Deschanel so pretty in there?

    I wish I have a friend who can do 'days' with me but unfortunately that's way in the past. I am a good 9 years older than you. While i am still buying oxfords excitedly, my friends, all married with kids and are corporate ladies, all look at me weirdly. Wish I was young again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a lovely childhood:)
    mine revolved around books and lots of imaginations. only my teddy toys and seashells brings me nostalgia, hence i;m jealous that you still have your cards and soldiers to pass it to your kids:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. jen: Its the little things that makes me happy. :) Thank you for dropping by too!

    the merry traveller: you are never old if your heart stays young. I always believe that. Its amazing to find someone who shares the same interests :) I'll be monitoring your blog for updates :)

    sally: these are the things I found outside :) I don't own any of them so I don't see how I can 'pass it down' to my kids. :) i'm happy to know that you have childhood artefacts that make you nostalgic and you have no reason to feel jealous of me. Love you so much sis.

    ReplyDelete