Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Worn out.

Today was a super long day. I had classes in the morning, and then I have practice for client counselling in the afternoon.

So by the time I went to stand in front of the bus stand, I was really mentally tired and my cheeks flushed by the hot scorching sun.

Sweating profusely.
And mentally swearing at myself for taking law.

When a guy gave me the eye and came up to me and hit on me.

And though I did not flirt back or offer my number when he asked, I enjoyed it.
I'm actually very surprised with myself because I usually am very blah when it comes to guys picking me up.
Odd. Maybe once a while, its just in a girl's nature to feel flattered by honeyed words?

But the feeling was only fleeting.
My feet came back on to the ground and I snapped back to reality.
He was very cute in a Eurasian boy way, but I didn't like how cocky he was.
Like he was so sure how I was going to give him my number with this confident grin.
Too bad.
But I didn't want to be rude so I made polite excuses. And I was trying to save him some face cause his friends were looking.
Then he had to end with a cheeky voice, "I'm sure I'll see you around."
And then lowered his eyes to my boobs.
Fuck man, that does it. If he doesn't even respect me enough to say goodbye to my face instead of my chest, then I have no reason to help him save face.
I was blunt and replied, "Not if I see you first."

I prefer guys who are smart and quiet.
Guys who are not attention seekers or jocks, but has more to him than what meets the eye.
My dream guy would be...
A guy that I can have a decent conversation with.
A guy that can sit with me in a quiet cafe, listen to my indie music, and though we may sit right opposite each other, we both can be happy reading a book of our own all day long. Without exchanging a word, when our eyes meet over our books, we'd smile at each other and feel there was simply no need to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment